Do you use Facebook advertising for your business? Building an email list using Facebook it’s easier than ever. I created over 100 Facebook campaigns in the last year (with each campaign with at least 2 ad sets and each ad set with at least 4 ads). I tried different niches, and different countries, split tested, gain lots of experience and in the end, I came up with a system on how to effectively grow my email list using Facebook ads, for various niches and without going broke. Here are some of my results:
Targeting the US:
Targeting France, UK, and Ireland:
Below are the exact steps I follow to get these types of results. Wherever you are in the world, as long as you follow the overall process you should be in a great spot to get tons of leads and make a bunch of sales.
1. Create An Offer Ask your clients “What is the number one problem they’re trying to solve?” The offer you create is going to be THE solution to THAT problem and you are going to give them this solution for FREE on your website. You can deliver this solution in a PDF format (report, cheat sheet, e-book), audio, or video, it’s up to you. What if you don’t have any clients yet? Well, you can always rely on Google to “tell” you what people are looking for. Quite easy, right?
2. Create The Landing Page On Your Website Where Your Potential Customers Will Sign Up Your goal is to capture your audience’s email. I like using Lead Pages, they have a variety of high-converting templates that you can actually set up a landing page and have installed on your site in just a few minutes.
3. Create A Post On your Facebook Page With A Link To Direct People To This Landing Page Have an irresistible headline, an image that stands out and captures attention, and also an option to opt-in to get your FREE offer. To create my images I use Canva, Pagemodo (free tools) or Power Point, and occasionally Fiverr (paid options). Use Facebook’s Grid Tool here to make sure you have less than 20% of the text in your image.
4. Turn That Post Into A Facebook Ad For this step, I like to use Facebook’s Power Editor. It is a bit more complicated than Ads Manager but the targeting options are so much better. Go to https://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/powereditor/ (Remember that Power Editor works only on Google Chrome. If you don’t have Google Chrome on your computer, you can download it here. Go to http://www.google.com/chrome/) Create a campaign with “Website Conversions” or “Click To Website” objective (you’ll have to run a couple of tests to see which one works better for you.)
5 Set Your Budget I always start with a $5/ ad set/day (max $10) until I get the ad right and then I scale it. You can test your ads even with smaller dollar amounts/day.
6. Find Your Target Audience On Facebook Now, in my opinion, this is the most important step. Spend as much time as you need here doing research. There are a couple of things you can do to find where your target audience is on Facebook. You can use the Facebook Graph search function to find the pages that your audience members like and engage with. Type in the search box “Pages liked by [your business name or competitor here] fans” – or – “Pages liked by people who like [your biz name here or competitor business name here] – or- “Favorite interests of people who like…” Target those pages as Interests. To find out even more about my target market I like to go to Alexa and similarweb.com and check their reports on similar sites. You’ll be amazed at how much you can learn about your audience from these free reports.
Once you have a mail list or a customer list, I strongly suggest you create a lookalike audience based on any of these lists and use it (in the custom audience tab). You’ll be so happy you did! Use the “More Demographics” and Behavior drop-down options to define even more accurately your audience.
When you choose interests stay away from the broad interests suggested by default. Think like this: most everybody may like Footwear (general interest) but most passionate people like Rebook, for example, or Footwear News Magazine- WWD.com
7. Choose Where Your Ad Is Being Shown On Facebook What I usually do is: I start running my ads on Mobile News Feed and Desktop News Feed. Once I know the ad has the potential to perform well, I duplicate the ad and create one ad for the Mobile News Feed and one for the Desktop News Feed.
8. Pricing My advice here is to let Facebook optimize your ads. After running more than 200 winning Facebook ads, I can totally say that Facebook is doing a great job when optimizing for an objective. Just remember: your campaign was set up per objective so choose to optimize your ads for the same objective. I got the best results in this type of setting.
9. Use Pixels To Track Conversions From Facebook Ads Use Pixels to track conversions that happen on your website as a result of your Facebook Adverts.
You can create a conversion-tracking pixel and add it to the pages of your website where conversions happen (for example, checkouts or leads).
10. Optimize Your Facebook Ads For Best Performance This step is, by far, my most favorite step. To optimize your ads go to the Ad Manager and click the View Report Tab.
In the next window click the Edit Columns tab.
Use this info to optimize your ads by age, gender, placement, country, different actions, etc.
11. Retargeting- Selling Did you know you can import your email list into Facebook and promote to just those people with paid Facebook targeting? It’s a way to engage on multiple platforms and turn leads into sales. People rarely buy from you the first time they visit your site or see an offer. Use the Custom Audiences to show your Facebook ads to people who have already visited your website or to your email subscribers, for example, to close sales. You can create these audiences in both Power Editor and Ads Manager.
If you do not have an email list or enough people on your list and therefore you cannot create a custom audience yet, try the Fb Retargeter tool created by my friend Robert Mercado. I have been using this tool for a few months now and the results are amazing. Click here to check it out.
12. ACCELERATE (LIMITED TIME OFFER) Wanna accelerate this process? This is your chance to get my new course: “How To Use Facebook For Business & Make Sales” for just $10 (79%OFF). Have a look here and then come back and click the ACCELERATE link below.
Learn proven, science-based methods to eliminate procrastination once and for all so you can take action, reclaim control, and achieve lasting change.